Words on Wine

Armchair_with_book_and_wine
Words on Wine

From:
http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/natalie_maclean/index.html

On the rare quiet afternoon when I have a few moments for reflection, I like to page through a couple of books of wine quotations. One is called just that, Wine Quotations edited by Helen Exley, a lovely little book illustrated with famous paintings of glasses of wine, decanters, grapes and drinking scenes. The other is In Praise of Wine edited by Joni McNutt, a larger compendium of quotes. Some of my favorites include:

Where once my wit, perchance, has shone,
In aid of others let me shine;

And when, alas, our brains are gone
What nobler substitute than wine

- Lord Byron

My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne.

- John Maynard Keynes

To taste port is to taste a tiny atom of England and her past.

- Clifton Fadiman

Give me wine to wash me clean from the weather stains of care.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

If penicillin can cure the ill, Spanish sherry can bring the dead back to life.

- Sir Alexander Fleming

Got a favorite wine quote?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, please feel free to share your comment here.
For example: Which pictures is the best?

Thanks,
Admin