Cheap Wines of the Week & Food Matches

Wine_glass_with_dollar_bill_tipped_

Cheap Wines of the Week & Food Matches
From:
http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/natalie_maclean/index.html

I think that this topic is closest to our hearts: good taste at great value. (Tell me if I'm wrong and we should be talking Chateau d'Yquem and foie gras.) My tastebuds (and liver) are at your service. (I'm donating the latter to science when my time's up.) My favorite "extreme value wines" this week:

2006 Casa Lapostolle Chardonnay Casablanca Valley, Chile: The Marnier-Lapostolle family, who also makes Grand Marnier, has made wine for generations. This big old, oaky chardonnay is as comfy as your favorite jeans - soft, no rough edges and accepting. Sometimes you need unquestioning acceptance: don't ask me how my day was, just pour me some wine. Pair with: salmon steak or pork roast. $15.95 Score: 89/100.

2004 La Foret Royale Southwest, France: A blend of grapes: Negrette (45%), Cabernet Sauvignon (30%) and Syrah (25%). This soft wine displays aromas of blackberries and black plums. It is full-bodied yet smooth. Pair with: grilled steak, ribs, sausages, and non-combative conversations. $15.95 Score: 88/100.

Your turn ... any cheap wines to add to our communal shopping list for this weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, please feel free to share your comment here.
For example: Which pictures is the best?

Thanks,
Admin